Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Tangled Rose

For my 4th flower, I wanted to try something new, so I used the ubiquitous garden catalog, but this time, instead of using it as an inspiration, I used it as part of my art. Here are the steps:

  1. Cut out a picture of a light colored flower with large petals. I selected a picture of a yellow rose.
  2. Get your Zentangle pen and start tangling, using flower as your string. (If you aren't familiar with Zentangle, check out my other blog: TangledUpInArt.)
  3. Every petal gets its own tangle. I tried to used darker tangles on the sections that were darker in color, but that's not necessary. 

How cool is it to be able to create a beautiful, colorful piece of Zentangle-Inspired Art using only your black pen and without the need for any drawing or painting skills. You don't even have to shade it!

If you try this, please leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment