Sunday, January 13, 2013

Trying Something New

For years, I've been thinking I should make greeting cards. I have scrapbook supplies; I have stamping supplies; I have art supplies; I have youtube. But, alas, I made no cards.

Today, that changed. I decided that if I was going to create art every day, I really should do something with it. Turning my art into cards seems like the perfect solution.  So, today, I made art, and I made a card. Here it is:
Flower card 1 13 13
My inspiration was a project from:
Unfortunately, after collecting a bunch of watercolor books, I realized, after an hour of searching, that I have no transparent watercolors!  All I have at home are opaque gouache paints.  Amazing. So, I for this project I used acrylic, thinned with water and floating medium to try and make it at least look like watercolor.  Regardless, I like it and hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment