Friday, January 11, 2013

Working Backwards

Yesterday, I started by tangling and then adding watercolor. Today, I did the opposite.  I put down a little wet-on-wet.
But, I thought it needed more texture, so I put down another layer of watercolor. I've decided I really like putting down colors and just watching them blend and seeing what happens. It is very freeing.

Then I tried to find tangles the emphasized the paint designs. It was hard to pick just the right tangles and I'm not sure I completely succeeded.
Here is the final result.
I think it might need some more color on the tangles.  What do you think?  Is it done? Please comment and let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the tangles over watercolor background. Presently the piece reminds me of an under scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete